Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at sunset

Introduction Blog:

Blog created by Joel Medina:

Hello everyone and welcome to my awesome blog on physical geography of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. First let me introduce myself. My name is Joel Medina and I am currently a student at the University of Colorado Denver or as others call it (UCD). I have lived in Denver, Colorado all of my life. I really enjoy traveling and visiting other places. It helps me enjoy it, and relax while taking my mind off thoughts and anything else going on in a college students mind. I have set up this blog to look closely at a worldwide hotspot Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  

This is the famous statue of Christ on a nearby mountaintop overlooking the city
   
I have chosen Rio de Janeiro, Brazil because it's beautiful there and full of culture. You can enjoy the beach and the mountains in the same city limits. And because of amazing photographs of Rio, all over the world, I can tell there is a lot of geography to look at and do a hands on study. I also chose this worldwide hotspot because Fast Five was filmed there. One of my favorite movies in the Fast and Furious franchise. And also this summer Rio hosted the 2014 FIFA World Cup. And being a huge soccer fan, I really enjoyed watching all of the world cup games because I could see a geographic and   culture perspective. I think studying the physical surroundings of Rio de Janeiro, can really show me a lot of geography to only make me want to travel there in the near future. So join me in this incredible adventure and thank you for following this blog. We will have lots of fun, this semester.

References for pictures top to bottom:  

http://www.guesttoguest.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/rio-de-janeiro.jpeg

http://blogimgs.only-apartments.com/images/only-apartments/6418/visit-rio-de-janeiro.jpg





No comments:

Post a Comment